-
December 16th, 2005, 01:44 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Does anyone knows where to buy Altec 604C/D paper cone? My 604D had a 1 1/2 inch tear.
I would like to repair it. What kind of paste can be used to repair tear?
-
December 16th, 2005, 02:39 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Hi
I notice your from Taiwan. It would be expensive to ship your speakers to the states. I sugest
you get in touch with Great Plains Audio and they will ship you some brand new cones.
You should have a speaker repair shop in Taiwan handle the
rest.
http://www.greatplainsaudio.com/
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
-
December 16th, 2005, 02:52 PM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
Hi,
I hope I'm not being to pushy. You should change
your damper if they are the originals on your units.
-
December 16th, 2005, 03:37 PM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
Greets!
I apply a thin coat of PVA glue (used for bookbinding, paper arts n' crafts, etc.) on the rear of the tear, then reinforce it with as small a patch of toilet paper as practical and soak it with a thin coat of glue for added strength/protection.
GM
-
December 16th, 2005, 06:35 PM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
Convergence, what's a damper?
-
December 16th, 2005, 06:46 PM
#6
Inactive Member
-
December 16th, 2005, 07:28 PM
#7
Senior Hostboard Member
Hi
I'm sorry . It's kind of hard to describe .Theres probably another name for it.
http://www.hcelectron.com/speaker_parts/damper.html
......................................
-
December 16th, 2005, 07:32 PM
#8
Inactive Member
The wheels are really turnin' now, GM.
Wonder what the Fs would be for an all-TP/PVA cone..........
TP certainly has no 'sound' of its' own......
Maybe should throw in a little fiber for stiffness?
Perfumed brands could double as room air fresheners......
Certainly recyclable for user-friendliness......
Where's Mr. Whipple when ya need him.........
-
December 16th, 2005, 07:35 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Damper=spider to us goobs.
-
December 16th, 2005, 07:42 PM
#10
Inactive Member
Originally posted by bfish:
Damper=spider to us goobs.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">As in; "Hey, Goob!", (Gomer's cousin); unsophisticated, uneducated, et al,; rube, hillbilly, etc.
Referring to self only.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks